Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another Saturday Nite and I Ain't Got Nobody.....


Wait a minute...yes I do! In fact, I've got 2 somebodies and a house full of Yorkies and kitties. Well, really just 2 cats, but 3 little Yorkie faces to look at.

It's all good though. The Yorkies Exquisite were up and at 'em at exactly 6:30 this morning (after Madison's 4:20 AM wake-up call). And if THEY'RE up, so are we! Dan wanted to go to the grocery store to pick up a paper and a few things, and the wonderful husband he is, even picked up the stuff I needed for my crockpot dinner tonight. He's really being on his best behavior! It was perfect, since I'm making carnitas and they have to cook for so long in the crockpot. It seems sort of silly to be crockpotting since I'll be home all day, but hey....I don't have to DO anything ELSE til they're done, whoopee! Not often that I can "set it and forget it". And, as an added bonus, DH cooked breakfast. He's good at that, and it was very sweet of him to do it.

The weather is beautiful today; a slight cool breeze early morning and now has warmed up to mid-90's. We sat on the patio and listened to the doves cooing and watched the hummingbirds flitting around, occasionally hovering just inches from us, just checking us out I guess! I'm thankful for the low temps and will appreciate them while they stay. All the doggies joined me on the patio for coffee and the puzzles; unfortunately, those were all pretty easily solved today, so we weren't really out for long. I saw something really cute in the paper today though; it was a second "Jumble" next to the usual daily puzzle. It said "Paid advertisement" at the top and I couldn't figure out what it was. It had a picture of a couple in wedding attire, and 5 different jumbled words....anyway, I solved all the words and then took the circled ones...it spelled out "Will you marry me, MP?".....I thought it was so sweet! Some girl who does the puzzles probably every day is going to think (like I did) that she lucked out and got 2 jumbles in one day! And she'll do it and come up with her proposal. Awwwww.....some guys are so creative when they come up with ways to ask someone to marry them! I love that.

I also love that I have little Madison in my life. He is the class clown here for sure! This morning, Dan went looking for him and thought he had chased Little Pie (the girl Yorkie) into the bedroom. He found instead, Madison was standing over a bag of Twistix dental treats, trying to figure out how to get into it!! OH my gosh....each one of those is something like 75 calories (that's enough for a snack for US, not a 5 or 6 lb doggie (they get 1/2 of one every few days)!!!....if he'd gotten into them and eaten them, he probably would have been SO SICK! Although, his breath would have been very minty-fresh, haha! Silly dog. And he was so sneaky about it...nobody even saw him snatch them off the floor of the laundry room and make off with them to the bedroom (almost nobody)! Oh, he makes me laugh every day, he's such a little scamp! Max is perfect, but Madison is joy personified.

So, today is crockpot dinner day and I'm wanting to make some sourdough with the starter that I somehow managed not to murder (yet), but am waiting PATIENTLY ;) to hear back from a friend about how to proceed. You'd think I was building the space shuttle or something critical instead of a few loaves of bread, with all the questions I've peppered the poor girl with.

I think tomorrow will be project/craft day. Or maybe it will wait til Monday...such a tough decision here in lala land.
I'm going to toddle off and find something Princess-like to do~ maybe sitting on my tuffet and filing my nails ~ I've gotten tired of just watching them grow :O. Yep, it's life in the slow slow slow lane today!

No comments: