Friday, February 27, 2009

Sentimental Journey

I'm not sure why, but the last few days, I've been feeling so sentimental about music I listened to when I was younger. Maybe because it reminds me of times that were so much more carefree and unencumbered. Maybe because I miss all the fun times with all my friends at the gym, but I was reminded of how MUCH I LOVED this movie; I love the music and I could watch this over and over and over just for the dancing (yes....remember when you were famous if you taught aerobics, LOL?). This wasn't my most favorite song in the movie, but the dance routine just slayed me~ hope you enjoy this as much as I do (somehow, I think the guys will at least!)~



Can you even IMAGINE having that body.....or being able to dance like that??? In my dreams, LOL.

So...onward and ...onward I guess. Weather here is ...funny. So windy in the evenings/nights. I lugged in my two giant Bird of Pardise plants that are in big pots on the patio and my favorite geranium. Geeze, all of them got blown over yesterday, so they spent the night inside. But it's been pretty darned warm for February.

My friend Melanee and I will be outside all day Sunday for the Concourse, so we're hoping it's going to be cooler than the predicted 84 deg. UGH....Saturday night we'll be at the Desert Air Museum though for the gala dinner party. I can't wait for that. I LOVE the air museum; it's filled with beautiful old (WWII)fighter planes that have been restored. So much history and you think of the men (and women) who must have flown in those planes. I love looking at the photographs that they have displayed from those times too; lots of Bob Hope photos. But looking at them, you realize how YOUNG those guys were. Such a different time, such a different world. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. Yesterday was a wasted day though as far as doing any work for the event. We TRIED, but things just didn't come together before it was time for us to leave. Maybe today....I'm still waiting to hear what needs doing.

I've caught bits and pieces of some of the morning shows the last few days and it seems so odd to me that you see the same people on the talk shows...I mean, all in the same day. Yesterday or the day before it was Fran Drescher. I first saw her on either The Morning Show or Good Morning America, and then she was on The Doctors (which I thought must be shot somewhere close to me since one of the dr's is from here). And today it's Tom Selleck. I will always be in love with that man, LOL. He's aged, but he still looks so good! What a handsome man he is. My mom was CONVINCED that he was looking for me, hahaha. The sad thing was, so was I, LOL.


Oh well....the doggies are fine, little monsters, LOL. They need a bath SO BADLY...maybe this evening????

No comments: