Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ruby Tuesday


I love Tuesdays. Why? I'm not sure, but I think it's because it's not Monday :).

Monday is always total cleaning,linen changing, laundry and get the garbage containers out day. And yesterday somehow, I realized I needed dryer sheets before I could even start the laundry, so that took up some time. So I was sort of behind all day long.

But Tuesdays are so much better for me. And today, the Y.E.'s went to the groomers! I'm SO EXCITED....I can't wait to see them when they're done. Mel's Little Pie went too, so we'll have 3 super cute Yorkies in residence here :D. I think we've decided we should parade them down El Paseo afterward b/c they'll be so cute. Aren't we goofy? I'm especially excited about Madison; this will only be his second grooming appt. since I've had him (probably his second EVER) and the first time I was afraid to have him cut too short like I get Max b/c his hair is so different. I was afraid he'd be bald, LOL. But his hair had been so matted before, it looked like he didn't have much hair, but he really did.

Poor little Max had a little gastro-intestinal issue yesterday....don't know what he ate, since I watch pretty much everything that goes into his mouth, and he didn't have any problem EATING all day or running around, so I guess he's ok. . At least he'll eat his food with plain yogurt on it. And I gave him one of Madison's Pepcids just to help out. I hope I haven't plugged him up now :S. Great nurse I am, haha.

I am horrified by the Wall Street plunge yesterday. I wonder what will happen next? I know things will get better SOMETIME, but it's scary isn't it? And with the elections coming up; ay yi yi! If I think about it too long, my stomach starts churning, so I'll divert my thinking to more pleasant things....at least, things I can do something about. I just empathize with anyone who's heavily invested in the stock market~ it's like, you'd lose if you pulled all your money out just prior to the House vote, and now it's a no-brainer. It would be a hard decision I'm sure. The only way it could have been a positive would have been if they'd voted for the bailout. I guess it really is gambling.

So, I found what looks like a good recipe for chicken tacos (I wonder sometimes if anyone eats as much chicken as I do? I eat a LOT of it..grilled, roasted, sauteed, poached, rarely fried, but if it can be made with chicken, you know I've probably done it in the last week) in the latest issue of Martha's Everyday Food...think I'll make that for dinner for me and Mel tonight. Results of DWTS will be on, so it's defintitely a stay-at-home night for me. I need to get on that sourdough too; the starter has either fainted or outright died, so off to the kitchen I go......oh, the reason for the title today; chicken chili tacos with SANGRIAS :D.

No comments: