Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday I'm in Love

Actually more like "Friday I'm sick". I've had something like a cold since Tuesday. UGH. I detest being sick and feeling like crap. Which is pretty much what I feel like. Kinda like having a perpetual hangover. Thank goodness for Alka Seltzer Cough and Cold. Or cold and cough..whatever. It helps. The saving grace is that Max is better; maybe I caught it from him, haha.

I feel pretty lucky that he IS ok b/c yesterday when I was walking into the master bathroom, I saw him sniffing at something on the floor (and the Lord knows there shouldn't be ANYTHING to sniff at on my floors, LOL) and I went to look at what it was...it was a SCORPION! ICK! He was about 3-4 inches long and sort of a clear-yellowish color. I HATE them. So I squished him and sent him to scopion heaven. That's where all scorpions should go. I can't wait to move out of the desert. I will NEVER miss it. Anyhow, that's a subject for another day.

It's supposed to be cooler here today; in fact, they SAY (but we ALL know that "THEY" lie) it will only be around 87. That's 87 give or take 10 degrees of course. That's the part they don't mention :S. But that's good enough for me. I'm ready for some cooler weather. I saw some beautiful white pumpkins at the store the other day and could just picture them arranged with Fall leaves and a big metal-edged lantern-type candle holder on the front entry. Well, not HERE, of course, because the pumpkins would be caving in on themselves after a day or so in this heat. That wouldn't be very attractive. But I can think about it anyway. Kind of like I think about the fountain I want to put there, haha.

Today is going to be a stay-at-home day I think. I don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything and we're going out to lunch tomorrow, so I need to get well for that. I just need to figure out what to make for dinner since the hubby will once again, grace us with his presence for the weekend.

I made the MOST delicious chicken tacos the other night~I've been telling everyone about them~ they were in Martha's Everyday Food magazine this month (Oct). They're called Chili chicken tacos and you put everything in the crockpot! It was SO easy and it turned out so tasty. Not only that, I discovered those already made taco shells! I know, I know, they've been around forever, but I've never ever bought any or even tasted any.....and I actually bought regular corn tortillas just in case I chickened out (no pun intended ;)) and decided I just couldn't use the pre-made ones. But they were the perfect ticket for these tacos...I got Mission brand and they weren't the least bit greasy; they were light and crunchy. Something new and different to add to the cooler weather repertoire.

So, off to get well....

No comments: