Friday, October 10, 2008

The Sunshine Boys


Oh, what a beautiful morning! I woke up with the Yorkies Exquisite wriggling around and then jumping on me, licking me all over my face. OH they're SO CUTE!!! Madison is always so excited and wants to lick everything....Max is his second favorite target and Max gets so disgusted, and backs away from him as soon as he can, LOL. Then they're off the bed and out the door; Madison doing his galloping down the hallway into the kitchen. Their breakfast is the first priority of the day of course, nothing else exists in their minds:).

The house is quiet and still~ the only noise is the doves cooing (as loudly as they can :S). No guest bedroom door opening and another little Yorkie spilling out of it this morning. It feels so empty here this morning. I know it will get back to normal, but it just feels empty. I'll have to give Mel a call later to see what she and Pie are doing. She's got a ton of unpacking and putting away to do, but I'll bet they get a walk in~ now that I think of it, they'll pretty much HAVE to since she's got no back yard or balcony either. I can't wait to see her little place!

I think the weather is cooling down; it was certainly cooler this morning and supposedly will only be 68 deg. tomorrow evening (I only mention that b/c dh (not sure if I'm invited and it makes no never-mind to me) is going to the Phoenix Suns basketball game which is being played in the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, which is an outdoor venue. And he's got a cold (MINE...sorry about that :(). But I guess 68 isn't exactly frigid.

I have been so industrious today~ laundry all done and I got a new batch of sourdough starter going. I had to throw out the first one b/c there really was just no room in the fridge to keep it while Melanee and her sister were here since she'd brought so much and we always had leftovers stuck in there too. So, I've got a shiny new batch of the starter bubbling away on the counter again. Maybe this time I'll get some bread made from it ;).

Dh is almost home, I'm happy he called ahead and asked if I needed anything at the store; I'm making the EDF Chili Chicken Tacos I wrote about last week that he never got any of and I needed lettuce and sour cream. I can't wait for him to taste them! I also can't wait for him to get home and see what the sofas look like with the painting and plants all arranged....home sweet home! But for now, my little Sunshine Boys and I are going to go enjoy the wonderful cool breeze!

No comments: