Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday's Child Has Far To Go


Ahhh...maybe not THAT far, but it will seem like a long ways after being in the same house for a month and the same town for a few years. There's me (or my car)visiting Melanee in a month :D.

As hard of an adjustment as it was for me at first,(and probably for her too, being out of a house of her own unceremoniously and having to move in somewhere with a cat and a little dog)(and a sister for a week), my sweet friend Mel has moved lock stock and barrel to the beach!

And as much of a loner as I am, and as much of a neat-freak as I am, I am going to miss her and the adorable Little Pie, and her laid back kitty, Beau so much. I guess I didn't internalize the fact that she was really leaving, so in the few days before today, it started hitting me. Getting everything done that she needed to take care of before she left, we both realized it was becoming more and more real. When she sold her house and moved before, she always had a tether (all her furniture and belongings were in storage here, as well as the little dog she loved so much b/c she belonged to someone else then) back here. But now the only tether is her friends. She really has escaped the desert! As I told Little Pie the other day, since she's never been to the beach before "Oh, the places you'll go and the things you'll see!"...I'm so envious b/c I'd love to be in the same area too, and I know the doggies would love it! But for now, we're still here. Time will tell~ the doggies here are really going to miss Little Pie and Auntie Melanee though, that's for sure! I know she's going to find true happiness and contentment there and that makes me happy b/c she's a wonderful girl, a fabulous friend and she deserves it! YOU GO GIRL!

So, today I had planned just on getting the guest room and bath cleaned up and such, but got on a tear to clean the entire house, move furniture, and hang that gigantic painting (try hanging a 6 ft x 5 ft painting ALONE....aligning two hooks that far apart isn't as simple as it seemed, LOL...I had to make a few adjustments in the location of the nails I used for the hangers :S. But the house looks great and everything is clean. The doggies are wiped out tonight; you'd think they'd done all the work, haha.

So, a new adventure awaits us all, I'm sure of that! And Happy Birthday, Tim :).

No comments: