Monday, March 2, 2009

These are my new favorite things~~~

I love it when I hear about products or services that other people love...and I end up loving them too, so I like to share with others~~~

If any of you know me, you know what a neat/clean freak I am. I'm a stickler about surfaces especially being clean and sparkling, and for a long time now, I've had granite counters and either granite or ceramic tiled floors. I can't stand dirty, much less, smeary, greasy-feeling surfaces, and years ago, I started using a diluted Simple Green solution on my floors and counters. I like the smell and it did a great job. But I've found something the other day that I like even BETTER!!! It's not just better; it's FABULOSO! I diluted it and spray it on all my counters and used it even on glass tables. I LOVE the smell of the Lavande scent; there's several different scents, but a friend told me this was the "original" one. It just smells so CLEAN and it does such a nice job! Everything is sparkling around here now and it smells GOOOD! OH...AND it's Cheep-cheep-cheep (as one of my dearest friends would say). I think you can sometimes find it at the dollar stores.















I will not even TOUCH this story about it however....





"Cleanser looks like a sports drink
Nearly 100 people have mistakenly ingested Fabuloso, thinking it was a beverage.
By Jeff Sturgeon

Cleaning products such as Fabuloso looks similar to sport drinks, such as the Gatorade products displayed here besides three examples of Fabuloso.


The health risk is low. The yuck factor is high.

A physicians group warned Wednesday that dozens of Texans mistakenly drank a mild cleaning product that happens to look like a sports drink.

Fabuloso is a buck a bottle at some Roanoke stores, deliciously colored and fits comfortably in the hand. Its purpose, however, is cleaning floors and toilets.

But researchers with the American College of Emergency documented 94 cases of accidental ingestion during the first four months of the year across Texas. Many were children under 6, the group said."



OK...I lied again. I can't help myself...it says "many" were under 6...okey dokey...I can accept that (maybe) some kids will ingest anything. And I agree that the smaller size DOES sort of look like a sports drink in a sports drink bottle. But WHERE are people storing this stuff?? In the fridge? I don't get it. And if not, do they not have cleaning supplies out of reach of little kids (who apparently weren't blessed with a sense of smell)? Again, I don't get it.
Now, as far as the rest of them who were over 6, I am just supposing that they've had their sinuses burned out by one method or another. Because all the scents I smelled are REALLY STRONG- smelling in their concentrated form. I'm just sayin'.......
And I'm not going to say anything about where the story originated. You can't MAKE me, LOL.




Another prouct that a friend on her blog mentioned is this:




It's Rimmel London's Lift and Renew foundation. I LOVE IT! It's been a long time since I've found any foundation that isn't mask-like and I hate that. This is light and dewy, so if you need a lot of coverage, it's probably not what you're looking for, but it's just what I've been wanting and it's only around $7 at Walmart.

I know there's more, but at the moment, my brain is being pulled like taffy in too many directions, so I'll post as time goes on.....

1 comment:

all the latest in heavensville said...

Did I tell you that we tried the Angus Hot Dogs, and they were awesome? Rimmel makes a great little powder blush, too - it's like $3.99.