Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ain't That America?





"Ain't that America, for you and me,
Ain't that America, something to see;
Ain't that America, home of the free....
Little pink houses for you and me.."

I love John Mellencamp!

It's election day! My stomach is tied up in knots~ don't know why; it's in the hands of the American Public now....will we make US history today or not? It's really almost overwhelming to think about; no matter which way the chips fall. The very fact that we have the choices we do is overwhelming alone.
There's a few propositions I'm intested to see also....namely, Prop 2 and Prop 8. There's either going to be a lot of celebrating in this area, or it's going to be very dismal; as this is a very gay-centric demographic.

I will DEFINITELY be glad that the campaigning is over though; I'm SO SICK of those manipulative ads they put on....ALL of them! It's so annoying and if I NEVER hear that stupid, stupid ad with Gavin Newsom (SF mayor) saying "Whether you like it or not" it will be TOO SOON! Word to your mother. Not only does it send a horrifically ugly message at it's very root, it's just plain annoying to hear that over and over and over. Even if I were against Prop 8, I'd vote "No" b/c that ad was so aggravating. One of my many quirks.

It's Tuesday again, so that means gardening day; the YE's are getting all tuned up and wouldn't you know, we were graced with a visit from the Fed Ex guy....I think I need to do some training.....it would probably be easier to train the Fed Ex guy, but he HAS to ring the doorbell so I can sign sometimes....O, the trials and tribulations of owning a guard dog or two, LOL.

I guess I need to go work out so I can get into the "endorphin nirvana" phase of my day...it didn't help getting another supercilious, self-aggrandizing, communique (that's military speak, doncha know, cuz he's UBER impotent in the Reserves) brother in law. He's a "2" if ever there was one. Yeah, that's on a scale of 1-10 people. He's actually more like a "1", but I'm a nice person, so I gave him an extra point for no other reason :S. I really hate liars and cheats, along with thieves. But that's just between us ;). Off to the gym with my sorry butt before any more garbage crosses my mind or falls from my lips!

No comments: