Monday, November 3, 2008

Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?







Did you ever have to make up your mind?
Pick up on one and leave the other behind
It's not often easy, and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind?

Remember the Lovin' Spoonful? Crazy name, great band though :).

But yes, I have a dilemma! With a capital "D"! I have committed to volunteering at a big Food and Wine event being held here in town next weekend. And not only that, I said I'd work an extra shift on Sunday b/c some people who had volunteered earlier had dropped out and they needed me then.

I kept Friday paper's business section b/c I noticed an article on Martha and KB homes coming to the desert; La Quinta to be precise. I assumed it was just an article about plans on building some of those homes here, and was curious about them; since in these pitiful economic times, there are quite a few large, brand new housing developments that have been started, and the homes are sitting half done, which is how they've been for over a year now. So I thought it was interesting that someone would be serious about building now.

ANYWAY, I finally get around to reading the article and when they said Martha and KB homes were COMING here, they meant COMING here. Martha will be HERE!!

AND, they're running a contest which 100 people will win a lunch with Martha and compete in a cupcake making contest .....on SUNDAY :(.

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a long time Martha admirer. I have all her books, stationary, if it says Martha, I've probably got it~ almost as bad as my Ironman stuff, LOL. My two passions; Martha and Ironman.

So, I'm torn. I really can't flake on the Food and Wine Event. That's not right.

But I'd give ANYTHING almost to be even in the same ROOM as Martha. There's not a lot of people who I am longing to meet~ I get to meet celebrities often, and that's nice, but.....it's not Martha or Cher, or Ellen, or...hmmm...who else am I dying to meet???? Irene Pepperberg, maybe...Bobby Flay! Or Gordon Ramsey~ those are MY heroes. Andrea Immer. I guess the people who you share the same passions with and are your mentors. People who you learn valuable things from that make your life more complete and enjoyable. I don't remember the last valuable thing I learned from Posh Spice or Madonna...even though I like them and their craft, and it would be fun to meet them, I won't feel incomplete if I never do so.

I'm getting off on a whole other subject...oops.

So, do I enter the contest, and then be angst-ridden if I win and can't go to meet her? Or should I enter it, and if I do win it, try to "fix" my volunteer schedule, making more work for the organizers for my own selfishness?

UGH, why do I have to be so responsible to a commitment I've made? I have some thinking to do....and I need to get over to La Quinta to submit my contest entry, haha.

No comments: