Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Day After....



Oh, Normann! Isn't he cute? And such a really NICE guy. Unfortunately, even though he was leading during part of the race yesterday, he wound up fading toward the end (somehow I missed exactly what happened)and came in in 12th place with an 8:44:04. And the winner, Craig Alexander won with an 8:17:something....AMAZING! Remember when they were amazed when the 10 hour mark was broken? Yeah, those were the days when you could just sit back and cruise thru the race, LOL. Uh huh....swim 2.4 miles, then bike 112 miles in the heat and the hellacious winds and THEN run a marathon. And oh yeah, be back by dinnertime please. Dare ya!
I have to admit that as much as I love those German boys, and the Canadians and the Aussies, I sure do miss seeing hot contention being between my American heroes....the Big Four; Scott, Allen, Tinley and Molina! Let's bring back the crown to the US! And yeah, I lost it when Craig Alexander turned onto Alii Drive....it's just SO EMOTIONAL to think about all those people roaring and cheering you on and

OK, OK, I KNOW tris are super boring to anyone who's not into them, so I'll try to shut up about them for a minute. I spent part of the time while watching the race online at the Williams Sonoma website (probably why I missed Normann's fade :S) and ordered these:





That's in hopes of making a pie that looks just like this one:







~ oh yeah....little Miss Piemaker here, haha. The running joke. I'm going to have to practice a lot I think. But I'll have the tools to do it, hehe. I had to have the turkey though~ I don't have many Fall holiday decorations mainly b/c I've never been a big brown and orange fan, but these are so cute...and even though we won't be doing Thanksgiving dinner here, it will be nice to have the decor, especially since I already have the dishes ;).

Well, doggies are outside barking, which is a good thing. It means it's cool enough for them to run in and out of the house, so we're just going to sit out and enjoy the beautiful weather today and rest up from the race yesterday, haha.

1 comment:

Napa Farmhouse 1885 said...

thank you so much for your comments..and do wear your aprons...i think we should bring back this tradition..

where in northern california are you from? i am originally from so cal..but left 20 years ago for san francisco and then napa..
best,
diane